Where two roommates collaborate to show you our favorite designs, dining, destinations and to-do's

Monday, August 30, 2010

About the "Authors"


 Meet Allie.
I’ll make this a brief introduction, as one of the main reasons I have held off on having a blog of my own is because I feel like many of the “bloggers” out there like to narrate as much about themselves/their personal lives as possible [before their computer battery dies], with hopes that every visitor willing to spend the time to read it is going to care about each and every word written. I go into our blog with the realization that the majority of you readers will probably only look at the pretty pictures we attach, and skim the paragraphs Jessica and I have written (maybe you already have, in which case, I still hope you get this message).
Anyway, maybe I already am being a bit hypocritical, as that was a longer intro to an intro paragraph than I had planned... But, about me. I am a twenty-something (i’ll be 24 on Sept. 25th...almost the golden bday!) I returned to the state of Minnesota this past June, after a spending my first year as a college grad living in Denver, CO. I took a job as an Assistant Manager at one of the Nordstrom stores in South Denver.  I had my adventure and was able to hike/ski/play outside as much as I wanted! However, it never really felt like home. Don't get me wrong, I will never get tired of looking at the view of the flatirons/rocky mountains in my backyard, but I missed my family and friends and LAKES from home immensely. To all the great friends I made while living in Boulder/ Denver: You know I miss you, so please come visit me asap. For now, I am back in "god's country" as some would say, and ready for another new beginning.  My friends would describe me as....

I’m going to stop here, as one of the things that makes this blog different from others, is that I will be a co-blogger with my roommate, Jessica. I feel it appropriate here for HER to describe ME. On you may go Jess...


How Jessica describes Allie:
Allie - a few of her nick names are Allie-kins (as my mom likes to call her), ABos, Bestie, Roomie. A few words I would describe Allie are honest, trusting, fun, creative, fashion-ista, full-hearted, and real.  I truly cherish our friendship because I am lucky to have her as MY best friend {forever}! She has been there for me in good times and in bad... we have had so many great memories together {iowa state & tonka times}however, we have been there for each other in some of the hardest times in our  lives, as well. However, one thing stands out to me the most and that is that I have had her by my side encouraging me:) Allie is also one of the funniest people that I know... we have a lot of "moments" together where we just sit and giggle for hours on end! Like I mentioned earlier, Miss Allie is the most creative person out there... not only does she come up with the ideas, she actually implements them. For example, look at the pictures in our apartment. I look forward to our friendship in the future as we continue to grow not only in our friendship, but as people. Allie will go far in life, and I can't wait to see what is in store for her! XOXO Allie :)

Meet Jessica.
Heyo! I never thought that I would do a blog... seriously! However, many of my friends have opened by eyes to their cool blogs and I have learned that it is such a great way to stay in touch with friends and hear their thoughts, views, updates, etc. So I hope that Allie & I can entertain you as well as update you on our lives!

A little bit about me - I am also in my twenty-somethings and LOVIN' it! I am working full time in a marketing department for a fishing tournament company... who would have thought?! I get to travel around the USA, meet new people, and work in a fast-paced marketing department right out of college... so I can't complain :) The most important things in my life are my family & friends. I would do anything for them, as they make me the person that I am today, so I thank them for that. Hope you enjoy the blog!

How Allie describes Jessica:
Jess, JessHuck, JAC!, ROOMIE. These are the names you will become familiar to reading when she is mentioned by me in our entries. I suppose the first thing that comes to mind, and that I feel is important for you all to know going into reading our blog from here on out, is that she WITHOUT A DOUBT is one of the best friends, sister, daughter, granddaughter, co-worker, you name it, that anyone could ask for. I mean this from the bottom of my heart. I don't know who would be on the top of my "favorites" list on my phone, or what I would do without you! I’ll try to make the rest of this short and sweet, so some words I would use to describe Jessica are: Caring, loyal, PUNCTUAL, and I’ll say it... a little sassy. After meeting Jessica once, I think it goes without saying that she is usually the life of a party, and you can hear her coming a mile away.
LOVE YA, Jess :)

1 comment: