Where two roommates collaborate to show you our favorite designs, dining, destinations and to-do's

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Traveling Goals

Hello All,

As many of you know... I will be traveling around the United States for the National Guard FLW College Fishing Regional Championships. Because I have to be away from my family & friends for a total of 25 plus days... I made a few goals for myself for the upcoming days!

Jess' Travel Goals:
1) Try something new everyday...
2) Only eat meals at places where you cant go to at home.
3) Find one sight-seeing activity!
4) Work out... either running (training for the Turkey Trot) or Turbo Jam in my hotel room!

I hope to be able to keep you all updated with my travels and experiences. This past week I was in Sacramento, Cali for the Western Regional Championship, where the first woman qualified for the National Guard FLW College Fishing National Championship... this lady Allison Shaw from Chico Sate showed the guys that fishing wasn't just for guys! As much as it was a very very busy week with the kick off of our regional championships... I was able to do a few fun things!

My first stop was to Pinkberry :) My favorite yogurt place ever... seriously! I even had lunch there one day... and it covered goals # 1 and 2. If you have never been to a Pinkberry I highly recommend it!! Unfortunately for me the find the closest Pinkberry store nearest you... and Sarahlee, you probably wont need this as they are surrounded by you! Lucky lady!

My second stop was to Tex Wasabi's Guy Fieri's Southern BBQ and California Style Sushi. Such a great restaurant... so tasty and unique! As I walked in the door I knew it would be a great restaurant because they have a wall of T-shirt of other restaurants and "The Nook" was on there!

And lastly, I was able to enjoy a nice run around Sacramento State's campus. As a proud alumni of the beautiful Iowa State University and very fortunate to have been surrounded by a beautiful campus for four years of my life. I was very surprised that "Sac State" (what the locals call it) was so beautiful. I am pretty sure they have every kind of tree that there is on their campus, from palm trees to pine trees to maple trees to oak trees.

Well that's all for now :) Take care and good night!

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! Jess did her first post :) Now we can call it "our" blog ;)

    ReplyDelete