Where two roommates collaborate to show you our favorite designs, dining, destinations and to-do's

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Winter Wonderland

As we all know... Winter Wonderland is just around the corner! I am excited for the warm apple cider, Christmas trees, cinnamon & evergreen scented candles, Christmas dishes, twinkle lights around the city, snow, pine wreaths, the list goes on and on for me!

One of the main reasons why I love this time of year is because it reminds me of the memories I have with my family an friends! And many of those memories are wrapped in winter fun activities. There is so much to do in the city during this time, and its time for you to take advantage of what Minneapolis - St. Paul provides us with!
Here are some of our winter to-do's:
1) Reindeer Run - around Lake Harriet, check out the photos from past years! I am sooo looking forward to this!
2) Winter Ski Weekend - I am thinking Lutsen Mountain Ski Resort
3) Saint Paul Winter Carnival - I haven't gone in years and I am looking forward to going and seeing the ice castle!
4) Holidazzel Parade - Some may say its overrated... I say it's festive!!!
5) Curl up, read a book and enjoy a good latte or mocha! One of my favorite places do this is at Swede Hollow in Saint Paul.

What are your winter activity goals??

This picture was taken last winter in Keystone, CO at our favorite local bar, Kickapoo Tavern!

2 comments:

  1. Jess-- we need to go to Swede Hallow asap, I've never been here and it has been on my to-do list forever! I just keep forgetting about it! ~Allie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lets go to Swede Hallow on Saturday morning... it would be perfect with this weather! And then we can go to the Saint Paul Farmer's Market too!

    ReplyDelete