Where two roommates collaborate to show you our favorite designs, dining, destinations and to-do's

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Gettin' Wild

Hello all!
It's Allie here... Jess is out of town for the day in Arkansas for a work trip, and I have the day off so I was able to invite some of my family over a fun afternoon in my neighborhood. Today was the first time I've been back to the Wild Rumpus bookstore since I was a little girl (most likely, this is where I purchased my first Beverly Cleary or Nancy Drew book). For more history on this magical children's bookstore, check out the book that built the bookstore.

We made a quick stop at my apartment first to show Susan and the kids around, as well as my cousins Carlyn and Margaux who hadn't been here yet. Enjoy the pictures & video's from our playful afternoon in Linden Hills...


After getting some built-up energy out playing on Al's bed, we were off to Wild Rumpus!

























After crouching down to the size of a toddler to enter through the tiny purple door and play with the animals (I don't think we looked at one book, sadly), we had a very enjoyable lunch outside at Cafe 28 next door. Luckily they were very child-accommodating :)


Last Stop: Sebastian Joe's... duh.
Lauren just loves her baby brother :)
She also loves making friends with strangers while "riding" on sculptures of turtles.

1 comment:

  1. I remember this place! I think it was a Deephaven crew excursion one summer day in the 90s! Love the blog Allie!
    Caitlyn

    ReplyDelete